Out of the Mud Grows the Lotus
blog post by Scarlet Korvina
“In the end, I’ve come to believe in something I call the ‘physics of the quest’, a force in nature governed by the laws of gravity. The rules of quest physics goes something like this: If you’re brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting and set out on a truth seeking journey either internally or externally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared most of all to face and forgive some of the most difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you.” – Liz (Eat, Pray, Love)
To back track just a bit…. Jupiter (then in Gemini) ended his tense square off with Chiron (Pisces) on May 17th and has recently moved into working with the wounded healer with increased harmony and ease in a trine aspect that began on July 25th.
Jupiter is the benevolent god of gods who extends opportunities for huge leaps of growth, healing, and expansions of consciousness. Chiron, the wounded healer who learns so well his own wound he is able to teach and heal others but continues to struggle with the unhealed wound in himself.
As we have all had plenty of time to witness, Jupiter squaring Chiron had many of us feeling an unrelenting pressure to allow the past pains we would rather forget about to fully come to the surface of our conscious awareness where we could finally deal with them in the light. While we saw the process would likely be painful, Jupiter also imparted the vague awareness that doing so would bring joy, peace, and overall wellness to our being. It’s as if we caught quick impressions of the feeling we could attain once we healed and came out on the other side and the promise of this liberation from suffering has helped us endure the process it takes to get there.
But before we arrived at this acceptance and at many points during the process of the healing that still continues, many of us found ourselves acting out from places of fear. Some acted out self-righteously by rigidly holding on to the philosophies and spiritual beliefs we thought kept us safe and insulated from pain; often to the extent of aggressively pushing these beliefs on others to accept and validate them. Others displayed an exaggerated optimism that injuries would right themselves by simply staying positive despite avoiding doing any of the real work until finally we’re hit with disappointment and disillusionment when the issues don’t just go away. The creative and inventive species we are, we can express a wide variety of defenses using the combined dogmatism of Jupiter and the fearful over-caution Chiron can inspire.
Now that Jupiter in Cancer has not only moved into the far more co-operative trine aspect with Chiron in Pisces but has also simultaneously found himself in a steamy grand trine liaison with Mars, Neptune, and Saturn (SO just like him!), the urge to heal, grow, and attend to our needs is presently stronger than ever! The healing processes we began during the square aspect are still underway but we can now enjoy a shift in attitude that reflects this ease of cosmic tension.
Suddenly, the path forward may feel a lot more manageable as we feel our spirits lift in hope and optimism that is rooted this time by truth, as Saturn in Scorpio grounds our expectations, brings integrity to our efforts, and gives us the fortitude to do the work involved. Mercury’s recent retrograde in Cancer and ongoing opposition to Pluto in Capricorn is helping us dig deeply to uncover the truth about what keeps us stagnant and resistant to change. Probing analysis about unresolved emotions and the conditioned habits and responses we learned to adapt to protect ourselves in the distant past, frequently in childhood, inspires new perspectives about who we are today, what our real needs are, and what we can afford to release because it no longer serves our highest good.
Neptune and Chiron in Pisces offer faith, compassion, generosity of spirit, and spiritual enlightenment while, again, Saturn helps us separate inspirational wisdom from deluded fanaticism.
From our internal processes within to the external day-to-day dynamics that color our lives, this powerful and emotionally heightened grand trine configuration in water has set the stage for us to heal our hearts of past wounds that block our ability to experience the full scope and power of love in all its guises and to free ourselves of the need to hold onto fear-based strategies to cope with pain that may have once helped us but limit us from growth today like bandages around bound feet. We now have a very gifted opportunity to make tremendous advances forward in our soul’s spiritual evolution and thereby find the mirrored manifestation of this in our external world represented as tangible opportunities to achieve life goals! Some of us may also find ourselves traveling not only in mind but body in the exploration of spiritual wisdom.
As I spent some time experiencing these energies via clients, family, and friends and walking the same walk in my own life, I came away with a few pearls of wisdom that were mined during the excavation of my own heart. True to textbook, I leaned heavily on the wisdom of my spiritual path, the mentors and trusted friends I’ve been blessed with that were kind enough to offer me their objective insights, and various other resources of literature. While I know there are still many legs left yet on the journey, I (and many of my clients and friends) have begun to put learned wisdom into practice with extremely rewarding results! So as we ALL live under the same sky, I’ve chosen to share what has resonated as truth in my experiences but always, I encourage you to take what resonates as truth for YOU and ‘dismiss what insults your soul.’
· Assume others do not use the same emotional ‘script’ that you do and COMMUNICATE your needs.
· Give yourself permission to cry and space for another to do the same. It’s cleansing. Replace “Oh, don’t cry!!” with being present. Often a gesture of comforting touch and silence is enough.
· Tightening in the heart and chest is the knee-jerk response to resisting pain. When you feel it, breathe and let the resistance go.
· The key to staying present is directing your consciousness, much like you direct your vision, to what is happening in your heart at any given moment. Left unattended, we miss important cues.
· Meditate. In addition to creating space for answers to come to light and finding your center, it will help you get used to what it feels like to practice directing your consciousness if you are not familiar with this already.
· Imprints on the heart are emotional experiences we have not let go of and have become emotional blocks in our heart chakra.
· Negative AND positive experiences can become emotional blocks. We resist and submerge the negative and cling to the positive but both have the potential to spiritually “calcify” and/or close our hearts entirely.
· Have the courage to look at what is happening in your heart without fear. Fear limits the messages we will allow ourselves to see. When we can look without fear and be willing to see anything, it becomes possible to see EVERYTHING. Answers can be instant. Fear is the cap that keeps truths submerged. When we remove the ‘cap’, the truth at the core of the feelings rises up into full conscious awareness where we can practice objectively observing ourselves feeling the emotion and what it has to tell us. Like spirits that haunt us in desperate attempts to communicate their message, once the message has been acknowledged, the feelings are free to leave; often without any further effort outside of recognition.
· Get comfortable with the truth that this effort will be an ongoing practice that you will likely improve at but will always need to do. As soon as one emotion is released, there will always be another to take its place.
· The practice of acknowledging and releasing emotions and staying present as you allow them to pass through you – whether they stem from painful imprints from the past or the events happening presently – is the key to maintaining an open heart.
· Maintaining an open heart free of emotional blocks creates a vacuum of space for the Universe to fill with infinite, unconditional love, light, and gratitude. We FEEL light and free. This is the source of inner joy. J
*(If you would like to explore these and other soul-enriching concepts of mindfulness, I enthusiastically encourage you to check out “The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself” by Michael A. Singer)*
Much love and abundant blessings to you all on your journeys!
*Please note each Blog is the unique expression of the Blogger and does not speak for The Green Man as an entity…but rather is one of the many diverse colours that make up our Green Man Tribe.