Back by popular demand!!!
Brass Talisman making workshop with Fritz.
Sat August 20th, 2-4pm
You will be creating your Talisman using one of the oldest methods of metal casting. You will carve your Talisman design into a soft fireproof material and pour molten brass into the Mold you just created. You will clean up your Talisman and be able to take it home the day of the class.
We will also be talking about Talismans, their creation, and the magic of Alchemical Transformation as it relates to sympathetic spell crafting. We will also talk a bit about the Metal Smith and his role in Alchemical Transformation.
IF THE ABOVE LOOKS GOOD TO YOU THEN PLEASE READ THIS!!!!!!!!
We will be working with a Very Hot furnace and MOLTEN brass at 1700 deg F.
Required Safety Rules to participate:
1. There will be a liability waiver required to be signed by each participant.
2. Tie long hair up or back.
3. Be Fire Smart with your clothing choices for class, this means:
4. PLEASE DO NOT WEAR ANYTHING THAT WILL EASILY CATCH FIRE. No dresses, skirts, long flowing sleeves or other loose fabric
5. TRY TO WEAR COTTON or other natural fibers, NOT POLYESTER (which will easily melt to your skin).
6. CLOSED TOE SHOES ONLY, No Sandals, Flip flops, or other shoes that expose the toes.
7. If you have Safety glasses of your own please bring them with you.
Please Note that you will NOT be allowed on the patio if you are not dressed for it. If you have a question about what you should or should not wear please call the store. (818) 985-2010.
Total price for the class is $30.00; this gives you ONE mold brick to work with and ONE metal casting. The brick has two usable sides so if you make a mistake you have another chance. The mold is normally usable only once. Sometimes you can get an additional casting from a mold but it will be of lesser quality.
Extra mold bricks will be available and if time permits you will be able to create a second Talisman for an additional charge. Those whose first Talisman did not cast right for some reason will have first shot at a second Talisman casting.
Extra mold bricks $5.00 ea Additional metal $5.00 per casting.
Limited space, RSVP recommended, so there will be enough suppliesThe Green Man 5712 Lankershim Blvd North Hollywood CA 91601 North of the 101/134 Fwys
East of the 170, off at Burbank
Just north of the Red Line/Orange Line North Hollywood stations
(approx 5 min walk north from station)
(0n Witchvox if you click to see all our listings, there are details about many of the upcoming events)
The greenmangroupies yahoo group (this is for more ‘social’ conversations)